Ian Y. CurrieOctober 11,2012
Ian Y. CurrieIan Y. Currie
CHESTER — Ian Young Currie, age 19, died unexpectedly at home on the morning of October 9, 2012, one day before his 20th birthday.
Ian was a kind, loving, joyful soul who sometimes did not seem of this earth. At times, his guitar playing was certainly other-worldly. We hope he finds the peace that often eluded him in this life and the ability to bring music to wherever he is.
He was born to Stuart Alexander and Wendy Oldenburg Currie on October 10, 1992, in Springfield, Vt. He is survived by his parents, his sister, Bevin Lore, and many, many relatives on both sides who will miss him greatly, along with his numerous friends.
A memorial service will be held at The Congregational Church on Main Street in Springfield, Vt., on Sunday, October 14, at 3:00 p.m.
Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield is assisting the family with arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?