Ian Y. CurrieOctober 11,2012
Ian Y. CurrieIan Y. Currie
CHESTER ó Ian Young Currie, age 19, died unexpectedly at home on the morning of October 9, 2012, one day before his 20th birthday.
Ian was a kind, loving, joyful soul who sometimes did not seem of this earth. At times, his guitar playing was certainly other-worldly. We hope he finds the peace that often eluded him in this life and the ability to bring music to wherever he is.
He was born to Stuart Alexander and Wendy Oldenburg Currie on October 10, 1992, in Springfield, Vt. He is survived by his parents, his sister, Bevin Lore, and many, many relatives on both sides who will miss him greatly, along with his numerous friends.
A memorial service will be held at The Congregational Church on Main Street in Springfield, Vt., on Sunday, October 14, at 3:00 p.m.
Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield is assisting the family with arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.