Ian Y. CurrieOctober 11,2012
Ian Y. CurrieIan Y. Currie
CHESTER — Ian Young Currie, age 19, died unexpectedly at home on the morning of October 9, 2012, one day before his 20th birthday.
Ian was a kind, loving, joyful soul who sometimes did not seem of this earth. At times, his guitar playing was certainly other-worldly. We hope he finds the peace that often eluded him in this life and the ability to bring music to wherever he is.
He was born to Stuart Alexander and Wendy Oldenburg Currie on October 10, 1992, in Springfield, Vt. He is survived by his parents, his sister, Bevin Lore, and many, many relatives on both sides who will miss him greatly, along with his numerous friends.
A memorial service will be held at The Congregational Church on Main Street in Springfield, Vt., on Sunday, October 14, at 3:00 p.m.
Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield is assisting the family with arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.