Walter MandelOctober 11,2012Walter Mandel Rites
WEST HAVEN — The memorial service for Walter “Tad” Mandel, 85, who died Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012, was held Tuesday, Oct. 9, at St. Luke Episcopal Church in Fair Haven.
The Rev. Audrey Murdock officiated.
The organist was Aileen Durkee, soloist was Annie Dolber, and bagpiper was Francis Dechame.
Words of remembrance were by his sons, Michael and Robert Mandel.
Honorary bearers were members of West Haven Fire Department.
A reception followed at West Haven Community Center.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool