Walter MandelOctober 11,2012Walter Mandel Rites
WEST HAVEN — The memorial service for Walter “Tad” Mandel, 85, who died Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012, was held Tuesday, Oct. 9, at St. Luke Episcopal Church in Fair Haven.
The Rev. Audrey Murdock officiated.
The organist was Aileen Durkee, soloist was Annie Dolber, and bagpiper was Francis Dechame.
Words of remembrance were by his sons, Michael and Robert Mandel.
Honorary bearers were members of West Haven Fire Department.
A reception followed at West Haven Community Center.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.