I write to encourage you to vote for Emmett Dunbar for state representative. I have had a wonderful business relationship with Emmett for 15 years. I hold a great deal of respect for him, as a farmer, a business man and a family man. I have been serving his locally grown organic produce at The Perfect Wife Restaurant since 1997. In those years we have been good friends who understand each otherís businesses and work well together to keep our businesses viable.
We hosted a meet-and-greet at the restaurant for Vince Illuzzi, a long-standing Republican state senator, who is running for state auditor. Emmett attended the event and was able to spend time speaking with me about his ideas and concerns. Emmett can relate to Sen. Illuzziís views on fiscal responsibility with a strong commitment to the need for high-quality education without excessive spending. As a legislator I know Emmett will speak to the importance of early childhood education, affordable infant and toddler day care, and the value of investing in Vermontís future: all of our children.
In addition, Emmett is part of the working landscape of Vermont. As a farmer, Emmett supports the development of agricultural business statewide and the Vermont products that have come to be known throughout the country due to their excellence.
Emmett mentioned that he intends to be on the Commerce Committee when serving as representative. I am a member of the Vermont Farm Trail that Emmett created for our region. It has been a beneficial marketing strategy and is exactly the kind of project that our local economy can benefit from.
I am confident that Emmett, a new voice, will speak strongly for small Vermont communities like yours, which, in turn, can also help small towns like mine.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.