I write to encourage you to vote for Emmett Dunbar for state representative. I have had a wonderful business relationship with Emmett for 15 years. I hold a great deal of respect for him, as a farmer, a business man and a family man. I have been serving his locally grown organic produce at The Perfect Wife Restaurant since 1997. In those years we have been good friends who understand each otherís businesses and work well together to keep our businesses viable.
We hosted a meet-and-greet at the restaurant for Vince Illuzzi, a long-standing Republican state senator, who is running for state auditor. Emmett attended the event and was able to spend time speaking with me about his ideas and concerns. Emmett can relate to Sen. Illuzziís views on fiscal responsibility with a strong commitment to the need for high-quality education without excessive spending. As a legislator I know Emmett will speak to the importance of early childhood education, affordable infant and toddler day care, and the value of investing in Vermontís future: all of our children.
In addition, Emmett is part of the working landscape of Vermont. As a farmer, Emmett supports the development of agricultural business statewide and the Vermont products that have come to be known throughout the country due to their excellence.
Emmett mentioned that he intends to be on the Commerce Committee when serving as representative. I am a member of the Vermont Farm Trail that Emmett created for our region. It has been a beneficial marketing strategy and is exactly the kind of project that our local economy can benefit from.
I am confident that Emmett, a new voice, will speak strongly for small Vermont communities like yours, which, in turn, can also help small towns like mine.
Manchester CenterMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.