Housing Trust has interest in schoolOctober 11,2012Staff Report
Little interest has been expressed so far in the former Dana School, with the exception of a visit by Elisabeth Kulas, director of the Housing Trust of Rutland County.
Kulas said Thursday she is interested in the building but hasn’t made any decisions yet to move forward with a purchase.
A report by the Rutland School Board’s building committee this week also revealed that the property, located in the city’s northeast neighborhood, will be listed on the real estate market until January.
The old school, located at 41 East Center St., was most recently the home of the city’s Recreation Department but was vacated last year due to safety hazards.
It is listed with Chris Fucci & Associates for $290,000.
Both sales of Dana and the former Watkins schools, which is under contract with the Trust, have to be approved by city voters this coming March.MORE IN This Just InA Rutland woman who spray painted a response to graffiti left outside her house was issued a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?