Housing Trust has interest in schoolOctober 11,2012Staff Report
Little interest has been expressed so far in the former Dana School, with the exception of a visit by Elisabeth Kulas, director of the Housing Trust of Rutland County.
Kulas said Thursday she is interested in the building but hasn’t made any decisions yet to move forward with a purchase.
A report by the Rutland School Board’s building committee this week also revealed that the property, located in the city’s northeast neighborhood, will be listed on the real estate market until January.
The old school, located at 41 East Center St., was most recently the home of the city’s Recreation Department but was vacated last year due to safety hazards.
It is listed with Chris Fucci & Associates for $290,000.
Both sales of Dana and the former Watkins schools, which is under contract with the Trust, have to be approved by city voters this coming March.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.