Pittsford blaze levels tractor dealer's garageBy Brent Curtis
Staff Writer | October 11,2012Vyto Starinskas / Staff Photo
A fire destroys a warehouse at Giddings Equipment and Kubota Tractors in Pittsford early Thursday afternoon, closing Route 7 as fire crews from area towns cannot put out the stubborn blaze. Tractors were pulled out of the building as flames consumed the structure.PITTSFORD - Flames consumed a garage at Giddings' Kubota tractor dealership on Route 7 today.
No one was injured in the fire, which started in a building at the back of the property just south of town.
But the yellow-sided, tin-roofed garage, which housed a number of tractors and snowmobiles was completely destroyed before firefighters from four towns were able to bring the conflagration under control.
Pittsford Assistant Fire Chief Butch Shaw said the cause of the fire was not immediately known.
We'll have more details in Friday's paper and online at www.RutlandHerald.com.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.