PROVIDENCE, R.I. — A second man has admitted his role in the robbery last year of a West Greenwich bank during which employees were held at gunpoint and the robbers made off with $82,000.
The U.S. attorney’s office in Rhode Island announced Tuesday that Craig Carey of Fall River, Mass., pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Providence to federal conspiracy, bank robbery and firearm charges. Co-defendant Louis Peters III of West Topsham, Vt., pleaded guilty in January.
Prosecutors said Carey and Peters admitted they accosted the manager at a Centreville Savings Bank branch on May 28, 2011, as he tried to enter the building. They then detained and bound other employees inside the bank. They got around $82,000.
Prosecutors say both men face up to life in federal prison.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.