Charles R. Hurst RitesOctober 12,2012Charles R. Hurst Rites
NORTH CLARENDON — A Mass of Christian Burial for Charles Richard Hurst, 73, who died Oct. 7, 2012, was celebrated Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Brandon.
The Rev. Ruel Tumangday was the celebrant.
Organist and soloist was Stu James.
Heather Hurst, a daughter, delivered the eulogy.
Pallbearers included Tom McGibney, Phil Busier, Chris Kiernan and Gary Stanley.
Following the Mass, a reception was held at the home of Grace Aines and Rita Palmer.
Arrangements were under the direction of Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,