Jack S. RobinsonOctober 13,2012Jack S. Robinson
CHIPPENHOOK — Jack S. Robinson, 77, died unexpectedly Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012, at his home in Chippenhook.
He was born Sept. 29, 1935, in Danville, the son of Gifford and Veda (Stewart) Robinson.
Mr. Robinson was employed by VELCO for more than 35 years prior to his retirement.
He was a member of the NRA, IBEW Union, and the Loyal Order of Moose Lodge #1122.
Mr. Robinson enjoyed excavating, taking care of his lawn, and running his tractors.
Survivors include his wife Ellen Robinson of Chippenhook; a daughter Pamela Perry of Middle Granville, N.Y.; a son Anthony Robinson of Clarendon; a stepson Peter Lee of Chittenden; seven grandchildren and a great-grandson; three sisters, a brother, and several nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by his parents and a brother.
There will be no public calling hours or services.
Arrangements are through Aldous Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Rutland County Humane Society Inc., 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?