Jack S. RobinsonOctober 13,2012Jack S. Robinson
CHIPPENHOOK — Jack S. Robinson, 77, died unexpectedly Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012, at his home in Chippenhook.
He was born Sept. 29, 1935, in Danville, the son of Gifford and Veda (Stewart) Robinson.
Mr. Robinson was employed by VELCO for more than 35 years prior to his retirement.
He was a member of the NRA, IBEW Union, and the Loyal Order of Moose Lodge #1122.
Mr. Robinson enjoyed excavating, taking care of his lawn, and running his tractors.
Survivors include his wife Ellen Robinson of Chippenhook; a daughter Pamela Perry of Middle Granville, N.Y.; a son Anthony Robinson of Clarendon; a stepson Peter Lee of Chittenden; seven grandchildren and a great-grandson; three sisters, a brother, and several nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by his parents and a brother.
There will be no public calling hours or services.
Arrangements are through Aldous Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Rutland County Humane Society Inc., 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.