DPS opposes wind testing towersOctober 13,2012WINDHAM — The Vermont Department of Public Service is opposing construction of wind testing towers in Windham as contrary to town regulations.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported that the agency’s objection does not end the process. The state’s Public Service Board must rule on the Atlantic Wind LLC’s proposal.
Atlantic Wind requested a certificate of public good from the state to erect three meteorological testing towers — two in Windham and one in Grafton. The towers could be the precursor to Windham County’s first commercial wind turbine site.
Grafton officials have not taken a position request, but Windham officials have argued that the town plan prohibits wind development. Atlantic Wind argues the plan is advisory only.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.