DPS opposes wind testing towersOctober 13,2012WINDHAM — The Vermont Department of Public Service is opposing construction of wind testing towers in Windham as contrary to town regulations.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported that the agency’s objection does not end the process. The state’s Public Service Board must rule on the Atlantic Wind LLC’s proposal.
Atlantic Wind requested a certificate of public good from the state to erect three meteorological testing towers — two in Windham and one in Grafton. The towers could be the precursor to Windham County’s first commercial wind turbine site.
Grafton officials have not taken a position request, but Windham officials have argued that the town plan prohibits wind development. Atlantic Wind argues the plan is advisory only.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturday’s event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation