Congressman Welch to deliver chamber speechStaff Report | October 15,2012Vyto Starinskas / STAFF FILE PHOTO
A large crowd enters the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce annual meeting last year at the Holiday Inn.Rep. Peter Welch, D-Vt., will be the keynote speaker at the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce annual meeting later this month.
The chamber’s annual meeting, sponsored by General Electric, is set for noon on Wednesday, Oct. 24, at the Holiday Inn in Rutland Town.
In addition to Welch’s address, chamber officials will provide a review of the organization’s accomplishments over the past year.
The chamber’s “Business Person of the Year Award” will also be presented.
The cost to attend the annual meeting is $29.95 per person and includes a luncheon.
The public is invited to attend. An RSVP is required by calling the chamber at 773-2747 or emailing email@example.comMORE IN National / World BusinessMUMBAI, India — India could put a landmark World Trade Organization deal in jeopardy at hectic... Full StoryWEST BRIDGEWATER, Mass. — It’s been called a David vs. Full StoryMOSCOW — Having for months dismissed Western sanctions on Russia as toothless, business leaders... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.