Congressman Welch to deliver chamber speechStaff Report | October 15,2012Vyto Starinskas / STAFF FILE PHOTO
A large crowd enters the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce annual meeting last year at the Holiday Inn.Rep. Peter Welch, D-Vt., will be the keynote speaker at the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce annual meeting later this month.
The chamber’s annual meeting, sponsored by General Electric, is set for noon on Wednesday, Oct. 24, at the Holiday Inn in Rutland Town.
In addition to Welch’s address, chamber officials will provide a review of the organization’s accomplishments over the past year.
The chamber’s “Business Person of the Year Award” will also be presented.
The cost to attend the annual meeting is $29.95 per person and includes a luncheon.
The public is invited to attend. An RSVP is required by calling the chamber at 773-2747 or emailing email@example.comMORE IN National / World BusinessTOYOTA, Japan — After extended introspection at the world’s biggest automaker, Toyota says it has... Full StoryWASHINGTON — Republican and Democratic lawmakers in the House have found something in common. Full StorySAN FRANCISCO — Facebook is trying to mold its Messenger app into a more versatile communications... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.