Congressman Welch to deliver chamber speechStaff Report | October 15,2012Vyto Starinskas / STAFF FILE PHOTO
A large crowd enters the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce annual meeting last year at the Holiday Inn.Rep. Peter Welch, D-Vt., will be the keynote speaker at the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce annual meeting later this month.
The chamber’s annual meeting, sponsored by General Electric, is set for noon on Wednesday, Oct. 24, at the Holiday Inn in Rutland Town.
In addition to Welch’s address, chamber officials will provide a review of the organization’s accomplishments over the past year.
The chamber’s “Business Person of the Year Award” will also be presented.
The cost to attend the annual meeting is $29.95 per person and includes a luncheon.
The public is invited to attend. An RSVP is required by calling the chamber at 773-2747 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.orgMORE IN National / World BusinessIt may seem like a constant reminder but workplace safety can’t be overemphasized. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.