Congressman Welch to deliver chamber speechStaff Report | October 15,2012Vyto Starinskas / STAFF FILE PHOTO
A large crowd enters the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce annual meeting last year at the Holiday Inn.Rep. Peter Welch, D-Vt., will be the keynote speaker at the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce annual meeting later this month.
The chamber’s annual meeting, sponsored by General Electric, is set for noon on Wednesday, Oct. 24, at the Holiday Inn in Rutland Town.
In addition to Welch’s address, chamber officials will provide a review of the organization’s accomplishments over the past year.
The chamber’s “Business Person of the Year Award” will also be presented.
The cost to attend the annual meeting is $29.95 per person and includes a luncheon.
The public is invited to attend. An RSVP is required by calling the chamber at 773-2747 or emailing email@example.comMORE IN National / World BusinessHELSINKI, Finland — European Central Bank head Mario Draghi says the euro currency union remains... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.