Marie V. MartinOctober 15,2012Marie V. Martin
BENNINGTON — Marie V. Martin, 78, died Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012, at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, following a long illness.
Born in Bennington March 24, 1934, she was the daughter of Blanche Eyvonne (LaFranchise) and George Joseph Valliere and received her education in local schools.
She married Karl H. Martin Jr. in Bennington May 16, 1953. Mr. Martin died in 2006.
Mrs. Martin was a gourmet cook and also enjoyed gardening and growing flowers.
Survivors include two children, Karl Martin III of Bennington and Laura Kass of Philadelphia, Pa.
At her request, services will be private. Burial will be in Park Lawn Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Southwestern Vermont Regional Cancer Center, in care of Mahar & Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
Guest book condolences may be made at www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.