Marie V. MartinOctober 15,2012Marie V. Martin
BENNINGTON — Marie V. Martin, 78, died Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012, at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, following a long illness.
Born in Bennington March 24, 1934, she was the daughter of Blanche Eyvonne (LaFranchise) and George Joseph Valliere and received her education in local schools.
She married Karl H. Martin Jr. in Bennington May 16, 1953. Mr. Martin died in 2006.
Mrs. Martin was a gourmet cook and also enjoyed gardening and growing flowers.
Survivors include two children, Karl Martin III of Bennington and Laura Kass of Philadelphia, Pa.
At her request, services will be private. Burial will be in Park Lawn Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Southwestern Vermont Regional Cancer Center, in care of Mahar & Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
Guest book condolences may be made at www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.