We write this letter to express our support for Sherri Durgin-Campbell for House Representative of the northwest neighborhood of Rutland (District 5-4).
As a working couple, we find Sherri’s successful business experience makes her a better choice to improve employment choices, expand entrepreneurship opportunity and represent the needs of the new Rutland economy.
As homeowners, we find Sherri to be the better choice to steward our tax dollars and represent our need to make our city a more livable, better educated and more enticing community to businesses, families and young professionals.
As a family with a newborn baby, we find Sherri’s volunteer and professional experience make her a better choice to ensure a safer community. We deeply appreciate her promotion of reasonable, realistic and successful approaches to reducing the demand for drugs in our community.
Finally, as community members, we greatly respect Sherri’s approach to civil and respectful discourse, her political moderation, cautious optimism and her keen ability to embrace old and new ways to unify all community members on the important issues. For all of these reasons, we would be proud to have her represent our family and all of Rutland District 5-4.
CHUCK and ERIN PIOTROWSKI
Rutland CityMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.