We write this letter to express our support for Sherri Durgin-Campbell for House Representative of the northwest neighborhood of Rutland (District 5-4).
As a working couple, we find Sherri’s successful business experience makes her a better choice to improve employment choices, expand entrepreneurship opportunity and represent the needs of the new Rutland economy.
As homeowners, we find Sherri to be the better choice to steward our tax dollars and represent our need to make our city a more livable, better educated and more enticing community to businesses, families and young professionals.
As a family with a newborn baby, we find Sherri’s volunteer and professional experience make her a better choice to ensure a safer community. We deeply appreciate her promotion of reasonable, realistic and successful approaches to reducing the demand for drugs in our community.
Finally, as community members, we greatly respect Sherri’s approach to civil and respectful discourse, her political moderation, cautious optimism and her keen ability to embrace old and new ways to unify all community members on the important issues. For all of these reasons, we would be proud to have her represent our family and all of Rutland District 5-4.
CHUCK and ERIN PIOTROWSKI
Rutland CityMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.