New Vermont distillery to produce vodkaOctober 15,2012New Vt. distillery
to produce vodka
WINDSOR — Vermont’s newest distillery is planning to produce a line of vodka made from locally grown grains from local farms.
American Crafted Spirits plans to begin operations in Windsor in December.
Peter Jillson, the company’s CEO, said the $1 million distillery will use corn, wheat and rye for its products.
He said his first product will be called Silo Vodka, and that he’ll later expand to gin, flavored vodka and brown spirits. The vodka initially will be sold in Vermont, and later in New Hampshire and Maine before being marketed outside the region.
The distillery is being built in the Windsor Industrial Park across from Harpoon Brewery and the Vermont Farmstead Cheese Factory.MORE IN This Just InPEARL HARBOR, Hawaii — About 2,500 people gathered at Pearl Harbor on Saturday to remember those... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation