Man charged with DUI, gas theftOctober 15,2012Man charged with DUI, gas theft
POWNAL — A Bennington man was arrested Friday night after what police say was a drunken driving crash that followed a theft of gas from a nearby service station.
Police were called to a single vehicle crash on Palmer Drive at 8:32 p.m. where they found the vehicle involved in the crash abandoned.
Just prior to the crash, the car was reported involved in a theft of gas from a Stewart’s gas station on Route 7, police said.
The owner and alleged operator of the vehicle, Patrick J. Sears, 41, was found shortly after and arrested on charges of drunken driving and petty larceny.
Sears was released on a citation to appear in Bennington criminal court later this month.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation