Man charged with DUI, gas theftOctober 15,2012Man charged with DUI, gas theft
POWNAL — A Bennington man was arrested Friday night after what police say was a drunken driving crash that followed a theft of gas from a nearby service station.
Police were called to a single vehicle crash on Palmer Drive at 8:32 p.m. where they found the vehicle involved in the crash abandoned.
Just prior to the crash, the car was reported involved in a theft of gas from a Stewart’s gas station on Route 7, police said.
The owner and alleged operator of the vehicle, Patrick J. Sears, 41, was found shortly after and arrested on charges of drunken driving and petty larceny.
Sears was released on a citation to appear in Bennington criminal court later this month.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.