Man charged with DUI, gas theftOctober 15,2012Man charged with DUI, gas theft
POWNAL — A Bennington man was arrested Friday night after what police say was a drunken driving crash that followed a theft of gas from a nearby service station.
Police were called to a single vehicle crash on Palmer Drive at 8:32 p.m. where they found the vehicle involved in the crash abandoned.
Just prior to the crash, the car was reported involved in a theft of gas from a Stewart’s gas station on Route 7, police said.
The owner and alleged operator of the vehicle, Patrick J. Sears, 41, was found shortly after and arrested on charges of drunken driving and petty larceny.
Sears was released on a citation to appear in Bennington criminal court later this month.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: America's first gay president, John Updike, Shakespeare's birthday and day of his demise, Chico Marx meets Tallulah and men score poorly at sounding attractive. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full StoryBENNINGTON — Vermont State Police are investigating a shooting in the lobby of the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.