Charles O. PackerOctober 20,2012Charles O. Packer
THE VILLAGES, Fla. — Charles Orvis Packer, 73, The Villages, Fla., died Tuesday, October 16, 2012, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Charlie was born in Hartford, Conn. He graduated from Bulkley High School in Hartford, Conn. Thereafter, he attended UCONN. After his military service (VI U.S. Army Corps), he was employed by Aetna Life and Casualty Insurance Co. in Conn. for 35 years, retiring as an assistant vice president.
He and his wife, Judith, purchased their home in The Villages, Fla., (Jasper Villas) in 2005. Charles enjoyed membership in The Villages Model Railroad Club, The Horse N’ Around Club and The More Jazz Club.
Charles, with his wife, took pleasure in their travels in the U.S., Canada, Europe and the Caribbean. They also enjoyed many years at their home in Ludlow, Vt. Their Vermont friends, Maine family and Villages friends gave faithful support during his illness.
Charles is survived by his wife, Judith Clements Packer, many cousins in Conn., sisters-in-law, brother-in-law, and many nieces and nephews in Maine, N.H. and Nebraska.
Memorial services will be held in February in Fla. and in the spring in Maine. Memorial donations can be made to The Villages Moffitt Cancer Center, C/O The Villages Regional Hospital, 451 El Camino Real, The Villages, FL 32159.
Online condolences may be left at www.beyersfuneralhome.com.
Arrangements entrusted to Beyers Funeral Home and Crematory, Lady Lake, Fla.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.