Francis CaseyOctober 25,2012Francis Casey
PITTSFORD — Francis Casey completed the circle and joined his earthly family in heaven on October 23rd, 2012.
Born in Holden, Vermont, on October 9, 1915, to James and Julie (Duffy) Casey, he lived on the family farm until age 15 at which time he moved to the home in Pittsford.
Francis was a World War II U.S. Army veteran of the U.S. Army Signal Corps 573rd Aircraft Warning Battalion, serving in the European Theater of Operations.
He was a lifelong member of St. Alphonsus Church.
He was employed by White Pigment Corp. and Howe Richardson Scale Co., retiring after 36 years in 1981.
He was a member of the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Moose Club and Proctor-Pittsford Country Club, being a four-time club champion.
He is survived by one daughter, Carole (Al) Zakrzewski of Center Rutland; two grandchildren, Michael Zakrzewski of Rutland and Cheryl (Al) Foice of Essex; two great-grandchildren, Nathan and Nicole Foice of Essex; several cousins, nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by his wife, Frances (Gilmore) Casey, in 2000; and by three brothers, Jerome, James and Robert; and by five sisters, Margaret (Premo) Ratti, Louise (Art) Hayward, Maryann (Phil) Halpin, Kathryn (Edwin) Howes and Helen Casey.
Funeral services will be held Monday at 11:00 a.m. at St. Alphonsus Church in Pittsford. Officiating will be Rev. Richard Cawley, pastor.
Burial will follow in St. Alphonsus Cemetery.
A reception will follow.
Arrangements are under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Proctor-Pittsford Youth Golf Program or to St. Jude Children’s Hospital, c/o Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?