Windsor employee honored for careOctober 25,2012Windsor employee honored for care
WINDSOR — A Cedar Hill Continuing Care Community of Windsor employee was recognized by the state for her work in care giving.
Sarah Mack received the Vermont Health Care Association award for Geriatric Registered Nurse of the Year. The statewide award is presented for excellence in care giving and dedication to patient care.
Mack has been working in long-term care for more than ten years and progressed from L.N.A. to L.P.N. to R.N.
A family member of a Cedar Hill resident nominated Mack for the award, according Cedar Hill officials.
“Sarah is a person who not only has the technical skills and medical knowledge required for nursing but also possesses the personality traits, demeanor, professionalism and dedication to effectively provide high quality care. She has and continues to positively enrich the lives of the residents of Cedar Hill,” said the family member.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.