Vandals hit the Cheese HouseOctober 25,2012ARLINGTON — Police are investigating what they described as an act of vandalism that caused several hundred dollars in damage to the Cheese House on Route 7A in Arlington.
In a press release, Trooper Lauren Ronan, of the Vermont State Police, said the incident was first reported as an attempted burglary, but a police investigating concluded it was vandalism that occurred sometime between 5 p.m. on Tuesday and 9 a.m. on Wednesday.
Damage was done to the exterior of the building.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Vermont State Police at the Shaftsbury barracks at 442-5421. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by sending a text message to 274637, or “CRIMES,” and using the keyword, “VTIPS.”MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.