Vandals hit the Cheese HouseOctober 25,2012ARLINGTON — Police are investigating what they described as an act of vandalism that caused several hundred dollars in damage to the Cheese House on Route 7A in Arlington.
In a press release, Trooper Lauren Ronan, of the Vermont State Police, said the incident was first reported as an attempted burglary, but a police investigating concluded it was vandalism that occurred sometime between 5 p.m. on Tuesday and 9 a.m. on Wednesday.
Damage was done to the exterior of the building.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Vermont State Police at the Shaftsbury barracks at 442-5421. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by sending a text message to 274637, or “CRIMES,” and using the keyword, “VTIPS.”MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.