Harriett F. SeithOctober 27,2012
Harriett F. SeithHarriett F. Seith
POULTNEY ó Harriett F. Seith, 95, formerly residing with her son, Jack Seith of Poultney, Vt., passed away peacefully on Wednesday, October 24, 2012, at The Orchard Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre in North Granville, N.Y., following a long illness.
She was born on September 28, 1917, in Jamaica-Queens, N.Y., the daughter of the late Dennis and Mary (Haas) Harnett.
In April of 2002, Harriett and husband moved from Coram, N.Y., to Poultney, Vt., to be closer to her son and daughter.
Harriett was a member of St. Margaretís Roman Catholic Church on Long Island.
She and her husband John were united in Marriage on May 11, 1937, and were happily married for 69 years. They traveled extensively throughout Europe several times and enjoyed many cruises together. John passed away October 5, 2006.
Harriett was employed by the Long Island National Bank in Hicksville, N.Y., prior to her retirement. After her retirement, she volunteered for St. Charles Hospital in Port Jefferson for more than 10 years.
Among her many interests, she especially enjoyed spending time with her husband and family, reading, cooking and needlework.
Besides her parents and her husband John, she is predeceased by her son, Paul Seith who passed away in 1995; one brother, Robert Harnett; and two sisters, Rita Durcan and Cecelia Doyle.
Survivors include her son, Jack Seith of Poultney, Vt.; two daughters, Kathy Kann and her husband Edwin of Hebron, N.Y., and Floral City, Florida, and Christine Hugick and her husband Larry of Princeton, N.J.; her daughter-in-law, Gail Seith of Smithtown, N.Y.; five grandchildren, six great-grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews.
A memorial Mass will be celebrated at a future date and time, to be announced in the spring. There will be no calling hours.
The family suggests that, in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent in her memory to the Young at Heart Senior Citizens Center, Furnace St., Poultney, VT 05764.
The family wishes to thank the staff of The Orchard Nursing Home for the excellent care they provided to Harriett over the years.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Michael G. Angiolillo Funeral Home, 210 Broadway, Whitehall, N.Y.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.