Crash leads to DUI chargeOctober 29,2012Crash leads to DUI charge
BRATTLEBORO — A Jacksonville teenager was arrested for crashing his car while driving with seven of his friends early Saturday morning.
Mike Locascio, 17, was charged with driving under the influence and leaving the scene of a crash.
Three of the passengers were taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital. Two were treated for minor injuries and released while another was transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital in West Lebanon, N.H. None of the passengers were wearing seat belts, police said.
Prior to the accident, Locascio and his friends were at a Whitingham party where a fight broke out, according to State Trooper Nader Hashim. One individual used a vehicle as a weapon, struck two victims, and fled the scene, the trooper said. The driver is believed to reside in the Brattleboro area.
Two other crashes associated with the Whitingham incident are under investigation. Locascio will be arraigned at criminal court in Brattleboro Nov. 20.MORE IN This Just InCASTLETON — The Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation is about to launch an $800,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.