Crash leads to DUI chargeOctober 29,2012Crash leads to DUI charge
BRATTLEBORO — A Jacksonville teenager was arrested for crashing his car while driving with seven of his friends early Saturday morning.
Mike Locascio, 17, was charged with driving under the influence and leaving the scene of a crash.
Three of the passengers were taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital. Two were treated for minor injuries and released while another was transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital in West Lebanon, N.H. None of the passengers were wearing seat belts, police said.
Prior to the accident, Locascio and his friends were at a Whitingham party where a fight broke out, according to State Trooper Nader Hashim. One individual used a vehicle as a weapon, struck two victims, and fled the scene, the trooper said. The driver is believed to reside in the Brattleboro area.
Two other crashes associated with the Whitingham incident are under investigation. Locascio will be arraigned at criminal court in Brattleboro Nov. 20.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.