Yvonne L. PereauOctober 31,2012
Yvonne L. PereauYvonne L. Pereau
FAIR HAVEN ó Yvonne L. Pereau died October 26, 2012, from complications of heart disease.
Yvonne was born in Colchester, Vt., on July 4, 1925, daughter of Arthur L. and Eva (Bouchard) Lynch. She was raised in the Burlington area with her two brothers, Buddy (Edna) Lynch of Latham, N.Y., and Pat (Karen) Lynch of St. George, Utah, both of whom survive.
On October 6, 1946, she married Robert O. Pereau (Moriah, N.Y.). They later moved to Fair Haven making it their permanent family home. Mrs. Pereau was a full-time homemaker and raised five children. She was also a telephone operator for New England Telephone and began her career in a one-room office located on Carnarvon Street in Fair Haven.
Yvonne had a quick smile and was a gentle, friendly person. She was always ready to lend a helping hand. In her retirement, she worked tirelessly for, and then became team leader of, Fair Haven Concerned for many years. Through her teamís efforts, many area families received needed help.
Mrs. Pereau was a devout member of Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church and active member of the Catholic Daughters.
Her greatest enjoyment was her family. She was happiest when all were at home. She took great delight in the accomplishments of her children and their families.
Surviving are a daughter, Patricia Drahos and her husband Michael of Sherburne, N.Y.; two sons, Kevin (Beth) Pereau of Lafayette, Calif., and David (Lorri) Pereau of Whitehall, N.Y. Also surviving are a daughter-in-law, Robin C. Pereau, and a son-in-law, Kevin Grenier, both of Fair Haven, Vt.; eight grandchildren, Joshua Drahos, Emily Drahos, Courtney Grenier Kendall, Nicole Pereau, Shane Pereau, Megan Pereau, Thomas Pereau and Robert Pereau; two great-grandchildren, Timothy and Joseph Kendall; and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Robert O. Pereau, in 1989; a daughter, Karen Grenier, in 1980; and a son, Robert M. Pereau, in 1988.
Funeral services will be held on Saturday, November 3, at 11 a.m. at Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church. Burial will follow in the St. Mary Cemetery. Friends may call on Friday, November 2, from 5-7 p.m. at the Durfee Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation in memory of Yvonne Pereau to Fair Haven Concerned, Washington Street, Fair Haven, VT 05743.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.