Area firefighters respond to structure fireOctober 31,2012BENSON — Firefighters from five towns responded to a reported structure fire Tuesday morning on Stony Point Road in Benson.
Fair Haven firefighters who covered the Benson fire station said the call came in around 8:30 a.m.
According to Poultney assistant fire chief William Jones, the fire was contained to a wall of a house located at 791 Stony Point Rd. He said around 10 a.m. Tuesday they believed it was an electrical fire, but the cause of the fire had not been determined.
No more information regarding the fire was available by press time early evening on Tuesday. Fire departments from the towns of Fair Haven, Poultney, West Haven, Orwell and Benson responded to the scene.
Firefighters were also called out to a minor fire on Lake Road in Castleton later in the day, around 5:30 p.m., but according to scanner reports that fire was contained within half an hour.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full StoryBRANDON – The Select Board on Monday night took another stab at cobbling together a budget,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.