Kelli SchrammNovember 01,2012
Kelli SchrammKelli Schramm
OCALA, Fla. — Kelli Kennedy Ray Schramm, 49, died Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012, at Legacy House in Ocala, due to esophageal cancer.
She was born in Rutland, Vt., the daughter of Frances and Daniel Kennedy.
She graduated with honors from Rutland High School where she was co-captain of the cheerleading squad and a Vermont state tennis champion.
Mrs. Schramm attended the University of Cincinnati and later became a gymnast, as well as a gymnast coach.
Survivors include her father and stepmother Pamela of Bonita Springs; her mother of Ocala; her husband, Peter; her daughter, Kennedy and her father Shawn Ray of Naples; three siblings, Kristin McLean, Tara Kennedy, both of Inverness, and Daniel of Portland, Tenn.; her grandmother, Frances Abatiell of Rutland, Vt.; many aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her son, Braden Ray.
Services will be private.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.