Gerald A. DeanNovember 01,2012
Gerald A. DeanGerald A. Dean
MANCHESTER — Gerald A. “Jerry” Dean, 64, a resident of Dufrense Pond Road in Manchester, Vermont, died unexpectedly Sunday, October, 28, 2012, at his home.
Jerry was born in Bennington, Vermont, on August 6, 1948, the son of Lyman E. and Joyce (Hewes) Dean, and attended local school. Jerry owned and operated a welding business, working on heavy equipment. Jerry was a member of the Harned-Fowler VFW Post 6471 Men’s Auxiliary, Manchester Eagles 2551 and a member of the Iron Workers. Jerry was a former member of the Boy Scouts of America and the Dorset Volunteer Fire Department. Jerry enjoyed fishing, hunting, four-wheeling and loved tinkering, especially on cars. He enjoyed listening and dancing to country music, darts, shuffleboard, horseshoes and loved NASCAR. His love of NASCAR happened due to his passion for driving stock cars.
Jerry is survived by his mother, Joyce Tarbell of Dorset, Vermont; his daughters, Teresa Felix and her partner Ronald Dupuis of Proctor, Vermont, Betty Tobin and her husband Daryl of Pawlet, Vermont, and Tammy Mattison of Arlington, Vermont; his brothers, Lyman Dean and his wife Tammy of Thompson Falls, Montana, and Walter Miller Jr. and Tammy of Dorset; his sisters, Beverly Keeler and her husband David of Danby, Vermont, Wilma Miller and David of Wells, Vermont, and Connie Eaton of Bent Mountain, Virginia; his grandchildren, Tiffani, Emilee, Devin, Renee, Crystal, Dustin, Mindy, Matt and Michaela; his great-granddaughters, Livea and Aubrey; and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his father, Lyman E. Dean; his infant son, James Dean; and his brother, Lewie Dean.
A celebration of the life of Gerald A. “Jerry” Dean will be held Friday afternoon, November 2, 2012, at 2 p.m. at Brewster Funeral Service, 34 Park Place, Manchester Center, Vermont. Interment will be private. Visiting hours at the funeral home will be held Thursday evening, November 1, 2012, from 6-8 p.m. when the family will be in attendance.
If friends desire, memorial gifts in Jerry’s memory may be made to the Gerald A. “Jerry” Dean Memorial Fund, c/o Brewster Funeral Service, PO Box 885, Manchester Center, VT 05255.
To send the family personal email condolences, please visit www.sheafuneralhomes.com.
The family has entrusted arrangements to the care of Brewster Funeral Service, 34 Park Place, Manchester Center, Vermont.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.