Fabric store burglary investigatedNovember 01,2012Vermont State Police are investigating a burglary at Jo-Ann Fabrics in Rutland Town.
The craft store, located in the Green Mountain Shopping Plaza, was broken into sometime during Monday night or early Tuesday morning, according to police who say that several items were reported missing.
Police also say there was significant damage done to the store.
Anyone with information about the break-in is asked to call state police at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just InAlmost two decades ago, Sarah Fortier sat in the classrooms and played on the soccer fields of... Full StoryGrowing up in Warsaw, Poland, her family lived in a modest home they inherited from her grandfather. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,