First Science Pub todayNovember 04,2012CASTLETON — The first Science Pub of the season is slated for 4 p.m. today at the Iron Lantern Restaurant on Route 4A in Castleton.
The topic of discussion is “Opinion Polls, Surveys and Exit Polls: What do they really tell us?” and will feature Richard Clark, director of the Castleton Polling Institute. He will be discussing the uses and misuses of polls and what election polls are really telling us today.
The Iron Lantern Restaurant is located at 272 Route 4A in Castleton. The event is open to the public and free, except for drinks or food ordered.
The Science Pub is sponsored by the Friends of Castleton Free Library and the Rutland Free Library. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 468-5125.MORE IN This Just InJust days before his crusade with cancer was lost, Sgt. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.