Police seek missing Rutland womanNovember 05,2012
Police are asking for help finding a wheelchair-bound woman last seen at the Diamond Run Mall on Sunday.
Thirty-one-year-old Jessica Flanders, who police say also has diminished mental capacity, was last seen at the Kmart store in the mall at 3 p.m. on Sunday, police said.
Rutland County Sheriff's and Vermont State Police searched the mall and the area around it as well as Flanders' Rutland home and attempted to contact her by cellphone. No trace of the woman was found, they said.
Flanders is 4-feet, 4-inches-tall, weighing 75 pounds with hazel eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing a blue fleece pullover, black pants and sneakers.
Police said Flanders information has been entered in the National Crime Information Center as a missing person.
Anyone with information about Flanders whereabouts or who has seen her within the last 24 hours is asked to call state police at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?