Virginia M. FisherNovember 06,2012
Virginia M. FisherVirginia M. Fisher
MIDDLEBURY — Virginia Marion Fisher, 82, died Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012, at her home.
She was born in Pittsford Oct. 1, 1930, the daughter of Ernest and Marion (Dow) Lackard, and attended local schools.
She worked for many years at Palmer’s Dairy Bar in Middlebury and Kennedy Brothers in Vergennes. She also waitressed in several Florida restaurants in the winters.
Mrs. Fisher enjoyed flying and had soloed in a Cessna. She also enjoyed gardening, hunting, fishing and gathering wild mushrooms.
Survivors include two daughters, Lynn Bourgeois of Addison and Susanne Button of Middlebury; a brother, Ernest Lackard of Weybridge; 10 grandchildren, five great-grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by her husband, Charles Fisher; two sons, Robert “Skipper” Barrows Jr. and Thomas Barrows; and a sister, Ramona D’Avignon.
In honoring her wishes, the funeral service will be private.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Addison County Home Health & Hospice, PO Box 754, Middlebury, VT 05753.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.