Church hosts benefit for Sandy victimsNovember 10,2012ARLINGTON — St. James’ Episcopal Church will host a ham dinner to benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy from 5 to 7 p.m. on Nov. 15.
A free will offering will be asked and all proceeds will go directly to victims of the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy. Takeout dinners will be available. All are welcome.
Those unable to attend but who still wish to help may contribute to the effort by sending a check made out to St. James’ Episcopal Church with “Hurricane Sandy Relief” in the memo line.
For additional information, call 375-9952, send an e-mail message to email@example.com or visit the website at www.stjamesarlingtonvt.org.MORE IN This Just InThe Associated Press Full StoryBALTIMORE — A night of violence gave way to a day of mourning Sunday for a man who died... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.