Stuart R. MarceauNovember 11,2012Stuart R. Marceau Rites
The memorial service for Stuart R. Marceau, of Mendon, who died Nov. 4, 2012, at the Rutland Regional Medical Center was held Friday, Nov. 9, at the Aldous Funeral Home. The Rev. Erron Hubbell, pastor of the Alliance Community Fellowship, officiated.
Words of remembrance were by several family members and friends.
Military honors were provided by the American Legion Post #31 Color Guard members John Manney and Bill Champine. The flag was presented by Ron Fairbanks.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Wounded Warrior Project, in Stuartís memory, in care of the Aldous Funeral Home, 44 North Main St., Rutland, VT. 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.