Drivers strike deer on I-91November 13,2012Drivers strike deer on I-91
Two motorists struck a deer in two separate incidents on Interstate 91 on Friday.
Jon Babcock, 55, of Springfield was travelling north in Springfield when a deer ran out in front of his truck. He was unable to avoid the collision and his 2010 Toyota Tacoma sustained heavy front-end damage.
Ruben Jennings, 25 of Lebanon, NH was travelling southbound in Windsor when a deer ran out in front of his vehicle. His 2003 Toyota Echo also sustained heavy front-end damage.
The two collisions occurred 35 minutes apart, according to police. No injuries were reported in each accident.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.