Drivers strike deer on I-91November 13,2012Drivers strike deer on I-91
Two motorists struck a deer in two separate incidents on Interstate 91 on Friday.
Jon Babcock, 55, of Springfield was travelling north in Springfield when a deer ran out in front of his truck. He was unable to avoid the collision and his 2010 Toyota Tacoma sustained heavy front-end damage.
Ruben Jennings, 25 of Lebanon, NH was travelling southbound in Windsor when a deer ran out in front of his vehicle. His 2003 Toyota Echo also sustained heavy front-end damage.
The two collisions occurred 35 minutes apart, according to police. No injuries were reported in each accident.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.