Brandon man charged with illegal tattoo operationNovember 13,2012A Brandon man who police say was tattooing people at his kitchen table denied criminal charges last weeks of running a tattoo business without a license.
Police arrested Adam J. Collis, 24, in September after receiving multiple complaints from people who allegedly received tattoos from Collis, Brandon police said in a court affidavit.
There were no complaints of illness or infections related to the alleged operation, but police said customers who went to Collis told stories about being tattooed in unsanitary conditions.
During a search of Collis’ home on Carver Street, police said they found tattoo guns, new and used needles, ink and marijuana.
Collis was charged with two misdemeanor counts of tattooing without a license from the state of Vermont. He also faces a misdemeanor charge of possessing marijuana.
Collis pleaded innocent to those charges last week in Rutland criminal court and was released on conditions that included he not purchase or possess any tattooing equipment.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.