Brandon man charged with illegal tattoo operationNovember 13,2012A Brandon man who police say was tattooing people at his kitchen table denied criminal charges last weeks of running a tattoo business without a license.
Police arrested Adam J. Collis, 24, in September after receiving multiple complaints from people who allegedly received tattoos from Collis, Brandon police said in a court affidavit.
There were no complaints of illness or infections related to the alleged operation, but police said customers who went to Collis told stories about being tattooed in unsanitary conditions.
During a search of Collis’ home on Carver Street, police said they found tattoo guns, new and used needles, ink and marijuana.
Collis was charged with two misdemeanor counts of tattooing without a license from the state of Vermont. He also faces a misdemeanor charge of possessing marijuana.
Collis pleaded innocent to those charges last week in Rutland criminal court and was released on conditions that included he not purchase or possess any tattooing equipment.MORE IN This Just InFire crews responded to an alarm activation at the Rutland Mental Health offices at around 9:15 a.m. Full StoryRichard Courcelle sent in this photo of a bear he saw while having his coffee this morning. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.