HARDWICK ó A suspect in a 2001 killing in Florida is being held without bail after his arrest in Vermont.
The Vermont State Police said Philip Barr was arrested Wednesday without incident in Hardwick by troopers and U.S. Marshals.
Barr is being held in Vermont on a fugitive from justice charge. Heís facing a first-degree murder charge in Charlotte County, Fla., for the killing of 19-year-old Tara Sidarovich of Punta Gorda. She disappeared on Oct. 1, 2001 Her body was found the next July.
Barr is one of two people charged with murder in the case. On Oct. 26, 39-year-old David Ray McMannis was arrested in Cumberland, Md., also on a first-degree murder charge. A third suspect is facing perjury charges.
No date has been set for Barrís next court appearance.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.