Robert J. BlanchardNovember 15,2012Robert J. Blanchard Rites
PROCTOR — The funeral service for Robert J. Blanchard, 71, who died Thursday, Nov. 8, 2012, was held Tuesday, Nov. 13, at Union Church of Proctor.
Officiating was the Rev. Howard Gunter, pastor of Pittsfield Federated Church.
Organist was Alan Walker.
Words of remembrance were offered by Kevin Blanchard and Steven Myhberg.
A reception followed in the church hall.
A private graveside service will be at a later date in Lyndon Center Cemetery in Lyndon.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.