Crash kills Wilmington manNovember 15,2012WILMINGTON — Police are investigating a car crash in Wilmington, Vt., that killed the driver.
Police said 82-year-old Rocco Corsaro of Wilmington was driving northbound on Route 100 when his car crossed the center line. He was killed when his car struck a southbound delivery truck about 11 a.m. Tuesday.
The truck driver lost control and struck another car. The Brattleboro Reformer reports the woman driving the car was trapped inside and had two small children in the back seat. The children were not hurt.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Storm takes out power for 60,000 Vermonters; state gets $33M to fund pre-K education; Springfield board OKs fund to demolish blighted buildings, voters have final say; George Nostrand runs down coming events.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1041, adopted son of Empress Zoe Porphyrogenita of Byzantium succeeds to throne of Eastern Roman Empire; in 1907, English medical students riot over anti-vivisection statue of little brown dog in Battersea, London.